Thursday, June 18, 2009

1st day blogging

And there you have it! I fought long and hard but the blogging bug finally caught me (and not the other way around, I didn't catch it). Give me a couple more years and maybe I'll start twittering. But one step at a time...
Where do I start? Well how about sharing some of my scrapbooking stuff. And what better time to do it than right after attending the CKC Pasadena scrapbooking convention.

The 1st scrapbooking convention near me. What a treat that was. I went with my friend Alex, who is fully responsible for introducing me to scrapbooking a few years back and getting me hooked on it. We had such fun that day, like 2 little girls in the biggest candy store you can imagine.

And since my work place was literally 5min away, we couldn't resist popping in and showing off what we bought (yeeeesss, I did take a day off for that).

My favorite part of scrapbooking (aside from shopping for supplies) is to make greeting cards and little Tear Bears. For those who don't know what Tear Bears are, they are little fluffy characters made out of mulberry paper. They are quite popular, it seems.

Ok, let's just be honest here, scrapbooking is no longer a hobby, it's become a full blown addiction. To the point where I'm about to throw something away, stop and think to myself "hmmm?! Maybe I can use this for something?". Even my husband, sometimes, will give me something and say "look, I found this, thought you could use it somewhere".

But really, I got that from Mom. She is amazing when it comes to making good use of little things others would throw away. I love it when I go home and see so many things nicely organized. Things you initially think "when are we ever going to use this?" but without fail, one day it does come in handy.

One typical conversation would be "Mom, you wouldn't happen to have a ..., by chance?" "Yes, Choupette (that's what she calls me - my little sister is "Choupinette", no matter how old my sister and I get), you can find one on the 2nd shelf of the 3rd cabinet, next to the 1st drawer" "Okay... thanks!... can you translate that for me?" "Oh, yes, it's in a box with a red sticker on it".

So I guess Mom had a lot to do with my attraction to scrapbooking. Having tones of nice little things, to create something beautiful (hopefully!), all nicely tucked away in a neatly organized corner. And only you know where to find something!